Thursday, July 12, 2012

Chippy

Chippy by Teckelcar
Chippy, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
My cousin's house is partially built into the hill. I say partially because instead of the house being set in the hill there is actually a very narrow yard, maybe five feet and a retaining wall made of field stone outside the back door.

I remember looking out the door one morning when I espied this fellow in the midst of it's morning ablutions. It sat there for a bit, cleaning its fur while perched on the wall until I got a little too close. It then darted along the wall, with me slowly in pursuit, occasionally pausing to see what I was doing. I got this picture just before it disappeared into the wall.

I know my mother in law does not like chipmunks, or at least the one plaguing for flower beds, but I always liked them.

No comments: