Sunday, August 19, 2012

Crossroads at Moonrise

Lonely road at sunset by Teckelcar
Lonely road at sunset, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Today I was purging pictures from my cell phone. A painful, but much needed task to free up memory, a few were uploaded, a few were straight out deleted, a few were left for me to ponder.

There were the requisite "what on earth is that" shots and a few blurry masterpieces I was happy to delete. amongst this chaff I found this very lonely seeming photo.

I took it while driving down to pick up Jacob from soccer camp. The sun was setting and a full moon was rising, you can just see it's silvery disc peeking above the treetops. I remember the moon was huge that night and I was frustrated by my inability to get a good picture of it as I drove along. I was at a stop sign and decided even though I couldn't properly see the moon I was going to take a picture anyway.

I'm glad I did. All I have done to the picture was crop it a bit.

No comments: