Thursday, August 23, 2012

One Down, One to Go

For Potluckpalooza.

Today was preview night and potluck dinner for Jacob's marching band. The kids have been working hard on the new show for the past two weeks and tonight was the big preview for friends and family. The theme is Little Red Riding Hood and i think it was the best use of color guard that I have seen for our band. The guard is more fully incorporated and no longer look like an afterthought. As for the music, the band sounded great with a very big sound. Which was pretty impressive since they were playing all of today at band camp.

So we were a very happy crowd when we all filed in for the big potluck. There was a ton of food. I made a double size lasagna and one and a half loaves of white bread.  And why the half loaf you ask, well today is the day to drop off entries for the county fair. I decided to kill two birds with one stone. the recipe is for two loaves of bread and I all needed one half for my entry.

Tomorrow I get to do the whole potlucky thing again with out congregation, it's our Friday Food, Fun and Worship. This will be a much smaller crowd so I think I will be making spinach squares, challah, and some sort of dessert.

It's a fair amount of scrambling about to do these potlucks with all the cooking and schlepping of food, but they are well worth the effort.

No comments: