Sunday, September 23, 2012

Huntin' Dogs

Huntin' Dogs by Teckelcar
Huntin' Dogs, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
It's a bit hard to see, but the red boys got a camouflage treatment today.

I'm not sure how it all came about, but Nate asked today if he could paint the dogs in camouflage. A decidedly odd request, I however could see no harm in it. My only condition was that Nate would use colored hairspray and do the whole thing outside.

A few minutes later Nate had a can of green and a can of black hairspray. He did the dogs separately out on the deck and after 20 minutes we had two dogs painted in woodland camo. Just writing about this made me think of this old cartoon from World War I. The formerly red boys were, like the horse, less than enthused about their new color scheme and found a lovely pile of deer poop to roll in.

As you can imagine they didn't stay in woodland camo for very long. The dogs postively reeked and were soon herded off to the bath. Silly dogs.

No comments: