Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Artist of the Week: Helpful

Helpful by Teckelcar
Helpful, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
It's that time of year again when I vacuum the crab apple tree and Nate by dint of his helpfulness is this week's artist.

Nate had been bugging me to clear out the tent caterpillars in my beloved  crab apple tree. I've been putting it off until the flowers were past their prime and no longer attracting bees and yellow jackets. Tree vacuuming is not high precision work and I don't want to risk getting myself stung by an irate insect.

Sunday was the day and Nate wanted to help. I got him all set and let him have at it. He did a great job, by climbing the tree he was able to get to quite a few spots that I could not reach. He found the whole process very entertaining and is more than happy to tackle this job again. It looks like I have an eager assistant.

No comments: