Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Of Posters and Cats

Tig by Teckelcar
Tig, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
I should have been baking today, instead I bummed around Richmond with Meryl and mounted three of posters on foam board.

Meryl has written a book, Darkness Rising (oh look the Kindle version is on sale), and it's a pretty darn good one. Head on over to her writing blog to get the full details, I can't do it justice and it is always better to get information directly from the source. Anyhoodle she has self published and had posters made up of the very striking cover. Her plan is use them as promotional materials and needed a few of them to be mounted.

up by Teckelcar
up, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
This is where I come in.

I'm not an arts and crafts person. I usually dread those sort of activities. For the most part I find craft projects to be boring and pointless. That said I am good at doing them since I am good at seeing how things go together. So sticking posters on foam boards is my kind of project, I get to put something together that will ultimately be useful. I get set up in the garage with a card table, exacto knife, t-square, spray adhesive, foam board, and of course the poster.

admiring by Teckelcar
admiring, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Once I was all done we brought in the finished project and admired them for a while. Tig was intrigued by the whole thing and checked out the posters as well. He was not the most cooperative of models, but we were able to get a few good pictures of him with one of the posters.

No comments: