Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pink Snow

pink snow by Teckelcar
pink snow, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Today was my turn to drive the car pool to Richmond and I decided to bring my camera along and do a bit of a walk about. I'm so glad I did.

Being a sunny day I walked to a nearby market to pick up a few items. I then headed back to where the children were and continued on to do a bit of sight seeing. The fan is a lovely area in Richmond with a character all of its own. City living, but on a personal, more intimate scale.

As I turned the corner to go down one of my favorite residential streets my eyes were greeted with the sight of pink snow. For short stretches drifts of pink petals from the trees thickly covered the sidewalks. I was delighted by the sight and pleased that I had my camera with me.

petals on the steps by Teckelcar
petals on the steps, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
I thought it was so beautiful I did a little detour with the kids as we walked back to the car, they were duly impressed by the masses of petals on the ground. Just as were we approaching the area where the petals were the thickest we noticed the owner was out on his stoop, the same one pictured here. I got this shot the first time I went by. The kids were a bit spooked by his presence, but I smiled and told him how beautiful his pink snow was. He smiled back and said we ere welcome to take some, in fact all of it if we want.

Once again it was very worth my while to bring my camera and have a look around.

No comments: