Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Operation Cookie Drop 2013

Cookies by Teckelcar
Cookies, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Every year, round about now, I go on a huge chocolate chip cookie baking binge. I like to give my children's teachers a little something for the holidays and I settled on making them my homemade chocolate chip cookies. They are always well received and very much appreciated.  Particularly with the high school teachers.Most parents are burnt out with teacher gifts by the time their  children leave elementary school.

At first I got small cookie tins, since it was only a few teachers. But over the years, as the number of teachers increased, I had to switch over to gift bags. Thus the focus is on the cookies and not the container.

Each bag has a dozen and a half freshly baked cookies. Each child has six to eight teachers. Throw in a few extras like trumpet teachers, bus drivers, and clinic staff (Max has to stop by daily for medications during the school day) and you have a boatload of cookies. Pictured here were the eighteen bags I made up for today. There was originally 19, but I had already given one to Jacob's trumpet teacher who was here for Jacob's lesson. Anyhoodle, I make up the bags and put them into a grocery bag and it's up to the child to distribute the cookies.We had a successful operation cookie drop today, none were forgotten or misplaced.

Meanwhile when the kids were at school I started  making another twelve  for the remaining teachers plus another for our garbage collectors. So that's 32 bags or 48 dozen cookies.

Whew, that's a whole lotta baking going on.



1 comment:

Diane said...

Eeep. That makes my paltry nine dozen for the cookie exchange look like nothing.