Thursday, April 10, 2014

We Interupt the Soccer

Lacrosse For a bit of Lacrosse.

I'm the soccer parent, I shuttle Max and Rebecca all over the place for their practices and games, when there is a conflict Larry pitches in. Nate, on the other hand, plays lacrosse. Larry loves the sport as well and was instrumental in getting Nate's school approved to field an actual lacrosse team next year. 

In the mean time Nate is on yet another team, but at least some of his current teammates are potential player's for his school's team next year. They are doing all right, they have won a couple of games so far and have lost some as well. It is a young team and it shows great promise. In a few years I think they will be a force to reckon. I saw my first game yesterday, for once it didn't conflict with my other duties. Nate had earlier asked if I would ever go and I realized that this was my big opportunity. It was fun, even with my extremely limited knowledge of the sport. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in a few more games.

Oh and just so you know, Nate is the one in red socks. With the helmets and pads on they all look the same so I really appreciated his choice of socks.

No comments: