Monday, April 18, 2005

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my Mother’s birthday. She is 76 years old today, but she does not act that old. She is a fun and interesting person to be around.


Jane in NYC Posted by Hello
This is a picture of her when she was living in NYC. She is originally from around Boston. She was the youngest of seven children and the first girl from her family to go to college. She moved to New York after college and worked for the Ladies Home Journal. This was during the late 1950’s and the early 1960’s. Some of her stories from college and afterwards make mine pale by comparison. It was a safer era and she was a bit more adventurous than me. She is a very independent woman. I guess Rebecca and I come by our independent/stubborn streaks naturally.

My mom now lives by herself with her dog in VT. Right now she is in the midst of moving from her old house on a dirt road to a new one that is a bit more accessible in town. Not a fun way to spend your birthday. Mom, I hope your friends take you out for a nice lunch and/or dinner.

Today also marks the 230th anniversary of the midnight ride of Paul Revere. I remember my mom reciting this poem to me and my brother.

No comments: