It’s that time of the week again and Papa Possum writes:
A rose by any other name…
What ho! A poetry reference on Possumblog!? Fear not, because it is only a way to introduce the Axis of Weevil Thursday Three, BABY NAME EDITION!
What with it being Spring and all, and all sorts of babies being a’borned, we have a round of questions here destined to make you all put in some serious thought on a very serious subject! The suggestion for the topic comes to us this week from Marc Velazquez, who starts us off with some news-grabbing celebrity-ness:
1. What names would you suggest for the offspring of --Denise Richards and Chuckie (the Wildman) Sheen; Britney Spears and that guy; and Prince Charles and Camilla, Dutchess of Cornwall, formerly styled Mrs. Andrew Parker-Bowles, née Camilla Shand?
2. The inspiration for the next set of names comes to us by way of resident peregrine-watcher Janis Gore from deep in the wilds of the Sportsman’s Paradise--to whit: what should be the names of the 3 (or 4) baby falcons born to San Francisco’s own George and Gracie? (You can click on the main website at UCSC and read all about them, or click here and see the most recent live image.)
3. Now, for the last one, I realize some of you have already made suggestions, but you’re just going to have to do it again. What is your suggestion for Dave Helton’s new baby horsey?
As we always state, anyone who wishes may play along, even if you’ve been through the desert on a horse with no name. Leave a link in the comments below (click the permalink if you want the comments to remember your name and e-mail so you won’t have to put it in a bunch) or just leave your suggestions in the comments if you want. Go forth and be nameful now!
So here goes nothing!
1) For the first two couples I haven’t the foggiest idea. Whatever they name their children I’m sure it will be awful and in Britney’s case tacky. In the highly improbable (and horrifying) event that Chuck and Camilla reproduce I propose the following: ART if it is a boy and IVy or GIFT if it is a girl.
2) According to Terry if the chicks are all boys they should be Groucho, Chico, Harpo and if needed Zeppo. On a more serious note the names could reflect what Peregrine means, traveler or foreigner. Here are a few examples: Traveler, Pilgrim, Wayfarer and Journeyman.
3) She is one pretty little filly. I was just watching Black Beauty with Max and Rebecca so I am feeling all horsey and maudlin. I checked out the National Park Service’s Great Smoky Mountains web site. I like Cades for Cades Cove and Sugarland which could be shorten to Sugar. She does look like a sweetie. I also like Pidgeon for Pigeon Forge as suggested by the Grouchy Old Yorkie Lady.