Friday, February 10, 2006

Orange Muffins

A couple of weekends ago I tried a new muffin recipe. I got a request for orange muffins and I thought it sounded like a good idea. After a bit of googling I found this one at allrecipes.com.

The first time I made them I think they came out well. I am not entirely sure, because at the time I had a nasty cold that made everything taste like spackle. I could only taste the oddest flavors (We had some cherry beer and it tasted like Robitussin, blech!). Also I was out of oranges and substituted clementines. The walnuts remained optional and were not used. Larry and Jake seemed to like them so I decided I should give them another shot.

Last weekend, when Grandma and Grandpa were visiting, I made them again. This time I had actual oranges and I could taste food again.

orangemuffins
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

They made the kitchen smell wonderful and they were very tasty. My in-laws enjoyed them and I did too. The only thing I might change is to use a little less salt. The muffins had a nice texture, not at all dry and crumbly. The cinnamon topping went well with the orange flavored interior. The muffins are very reminiscent of my orange cake. They made a nice Sunday morning treat.

No comments: