Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thursday Three: Time Management

It’s Thursday and y’all know what that means! Time to play the Axis of Weevil Thursday Three! This week it’s all about time management or our lack of such skills. This week was a close one, but with some help Terry was able to pull it off.

Although I was able to escape the deep dark depths after I got thrown into a well yesterday, I still don’t have time to play with anyone or anything today, so I would like to thank Long Island’s own Skinnydan for today’s questions for the Axis of Weevil Thursday Three.

Although they might seem awfully reminiscent of the Thursday Three from October 6, 2005, they are completely new and fresh, so let’s go ahead and plunge right in, shall we? YES! WE SHALL!

1) Are you the sort of person that's always late, always early, always right on time?
2) Is that true all the time, or are there things that will make you change your normal patterns (e.g. you're always early, but get to the dentist late)?
3) How good are your time management skills? Do you know exactly how much time you have, or do you look up at the clock & realize three hours have somehow disappeared?

Okay, all of you post either your answers in the comments below, or a link back to your blog. Me? I can’t get rid of K-Fed, and he really needs a bath and a shave.

All righty then, I guess I need to get to work before I go off and meet Meryl for lunch.

1) I have to be honest, I dwell in the world of practically on time. I figure if I’m within a 5 minute window I’m on time. This is compounded by the fact that I’m usually accompanied by my entourage that has no concept of time or timeliness.

2) There are plenty of things that can and do change my normal pattern of behavior. I am fanatical about meeting the school bus. We are usually early (Shhh, don’t tell the kids!), because I dread the chaos of driving the hoard to school. We are very fortunate that we have a driver that shows up at a consistent time and the advantage of a back-up bus stop within easy walking distance. On the other end of the scale, I really don’t care when we show up for Max’s CF clinic appointments. They are always running an hour behind. Oh and I’m almost always late meeting Meryl for lunch, but not horribly so.

3) My time management skills are okay, as long as I’m not reading a book. All bets are off when I dive into a good book. Otherwise I’m pretty good of keeping track of the time I have available.

No comments: