Monday, February 06, 2006

The World's Ugliest Pants

I get the Lilly Pulitzer catalog. In it is an array of fashions suitable for the preppy or the preppy at heart.

I have ended up on that particular mailing list not for my very preppy roots (The Official Preppy Handbook is frighteningly close to home), but for a purchase I made in 2004. Our family was invited to a spring wedding and I decided that it would be nice to get a matching outfit with Rebecca. What I was looking for were some mother/daughter dresses, I figured that if I was ever going to do something like this now was the time.

I first went to Talbots and had no luck. Then I went over to The Pink Palm, which was conveniently located across the road. Once inside we were assaulted by all things bright pink and green. We had hit the mother lode as they had tons of options for us. Meryl had tagged along and she was in charge of Max while Rebecca and I tried on a huge assortment of dresses. After a lot of modeling on both Rebecca’s and my part we settled on these two dresses:

dresses
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.


Sadly I do not have a picture of the two of us wearing our matching finery.

Fast forward to last week, when I received the spring 2006 catalog. I casually flipped through its pages when I found this (click at your own risk), the world’s ugliest men’s pants.

They are so bad I had to show them to Larry. He didn’t even believe that they were for men. I had to point out that the description starts “Men’s flat front pant.” I think I can safely say that he and I both think that they are the world’s most emasculating pair of pants. As an added bonus they also come in the following patterns (boxed in red):

fabric
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

The rest of the catalog has its usual assortment of pink and green fashions, but nothing on the same level as the pants.

No comments: