Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Artist of the week: LEGO Fighter

Melon Max by Teckelcar
Melon Max, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Max, the melonater, is this week's featured artist.

He looks so very serious while eating his watermelon slice. Which is understandable since it was a seriously good watermelon. It was also the same melon that resulted in some far less serious pictures of Max. And yes that means this was taken half a month ago, so sue me. It's been quiet around here and I'm getting my mileage out of the times I do shoot pictures.

Anyhoodle I like the picture and the all its bright colors. There is just something appealing about the green grass, blue tiedyed shirt with the bright pinkish red slice of the watermelon. It all looks cool and inviting even though the actual temperature was about 90.

lego fighter by Teckelcar
lego fighter, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
But enough about the watermelon, this is supposed to be about our old friend LEGO.

Max and his siblings have been building all sorts of fantastical machines. Most of the instructions detailing how to build the various kits have been mangled beyond repair or just plain missing. Fortunately after the initial build (while the instructions were still legible and on hand) the kids have been more than happy to create their own vehicles.

If I remember correctly this was some kind of boat. Max was very proud of what he made and requested I take pictures. He has learned that no LEGO vehicle in our active household lasts for any length of time. If you like it, you need to take pictures.

I think he did a great job. It is a solid little vehicle with plenty of firepower to take on whatever Max's imagination throws at it.

2 comments:

Robbo said...

I am continually grumping at my own lot to step away from the instructions and get creative. I'm getting my "When I was a kid...." monologue down quite pat.

Sarah said...

Hide the directions