Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Artist of the week: Swingin'

Nate by Teckelcar
Nate, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
This week's artist is Nate.

The picture I have of him here is cropped from a larger picture that I took during vacation. It is part of the Bear Creek Lake State Park set and is one of my favorites. It was our first morning and the kids were eager to go fishing. Nate had brought his best friend along for our trip and the two of them were down by the lake's edge with their poles. I had tagged along with my camera in case anything caught my fancy and I was so glad that I did.

The morning light and the reflection of the blue sky on the lake's waters produced a stunning photograph. For me at least, the key to good photography is to have your camera in hand and to keep your eyes open.

Anyhoodle, enough about the picture.

swinging by Teckelcar
swinging, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Last week Nate was messing around with the Legos and designed a single rider swing. It worked fairly well, but it was not particularly elegant. After a bit of reworking he decided to make something more along the lines of a porch or bench swing.

This proved to be a far superior design.

As you can see in the picture it comfortably holds to Lego men. The bench swings freely ( that's Nate's hand in the picture) and is far less inclined to break down as opposed to the single seat model.

Once again my children have created something on their own from our large supply of Legos. I remember them as a good creative toy and it's nice to see they still are today.

No comments: