Friday, December 16, 2011

MCP Project 52: Festive Colors

Festive Colors by Teckelcar
Festive Colors, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Festive Colors was this weeks theme and I decided to go all "festival of lights" versus the overwhelming Christmas tone that I figured the majority of submissions would be.

My biggest issue was getting enough light, I wanted to shoot outside and not have to light the candles. I hit the jackpot yesterday morning and got a beautiful, bright sunny morning. I set up outside on the deck using a sheet, a table runner, a menorah, and Chanukah candles.

I was very happy how I could get the shadow along with the bright gleam of light along the arms of the menorah. It's not a terribly complicated composition, but that's what I like. Give me a clean and uncluttered image and I'm a happy camper. I think the light flare nicely balances out the colorful candles without overwhelming.. The emphasis is on the menorah with the candles adding a punch of color. I'm also very pleased that the candles not in the menorah seem almost dull in comparison.

No comments: