Sunday, February 26, 2012

404 Laundry

404 laundry by Teckelcar
404 laundry, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
I actually like doing laundry. It's satisfying emptying out the three hampers and having nice clean clothes when I'm done. It's the putting away I can do without. I have a loose schedule of twice a week, necessary with six people. It all gets done without being totally overwhelming.

Now the laundry room is upstairs, which I love since most of the laundry is up there, but the placement leaves a bit to be desired.

It's a large closet that is partially beneath the attic stairs. Of course the washer is jammed in the far corner so you have to stoop under and around the slope of the ceiling to reach inside. It works, but barely. Thus you have to be a certain height in order to reach inside, a step stool doesn't quite fit.

So yes, I do need to teach my children, Jake is certainly tall enough now to reach into the bottom of our very awkwardly placed top load washer. But it'll be a while until I completely give up the job.

No comments: