Robbo has an interesting post about introversion and such that includes a fun (at least to me) "Are you and Introvert Test." Yay a meme! I don't veiw my self as strictly an introvert, but I do live on the quiet side.
The more you agree with the following statements the more introverted you are.
1. I prefer one-on-one conversations to group activities. Depends upon the group and the activity. For me smaller is better.
2. I often prefer to express myself in writing. Ha! More like photography or baking. Seriously I do like to talk to my friends on the phone. This blog thing I do is a bit of a stretch for me, I am not a writer. I am a much better story teller in person, ask Meryl who is a writer.
3. I enjoy solitude. Yes, I do cherish my alone time during the school year. The first week of summer break is brutal, but I adjust. For this reason alone I seriously doubt I could ever home school.
4. I seem to care about wealth, fame, and status less than my peers. Not really, but then my peers are my friends for a reason. I'm not driven to be famous, but a big lottery win would be nice.
5. I dislike small talk, but I enjoy talking in depth about topics that matter to me. Fairly true, hell to me is a cocktail party.
6. People tell me that I’m a good listener. Yes I do listen, but I will share my opinion if it seems wanted.
7. I’m not a big risk-taker. Another big Ha! Depends on the risk. I've moved out to the Midwest to be with my then boyfriend/now husband. I quit my job, line up a new job ahead of time, and moved from CT all on my own. However I never would have dared done the rattling around Europe and South America as my very extroverted brother did. Oh yeah and I've dyed my hair purple. Twice.
8. I enjoy work that allows me to “dive in” with few interruptions. Yes, I like a clear task that I can wade into.
9. I like to celebrate birthdays on a small scale, with only one or two close friends or family members. True, very true.
10. People describe me as “soft-spoken” or “mellow.” Yes, although it has been noted that I'm all very quiet and agreeable until you cross the line. Then look out.
11. I prefer not to show or discuss my work with others until it’s ﬁnished. Yup.
12. I dislike conflict. Very true.
13. I do my best work on my own. Yes, I'm having a hard time baking with my daughter. It is hard to let go, I want it done right.
14. I tend to think before I speak. Generally yes. I try not to blurt out whatever crosses my mind.
15. I feel drained after being out and about, even if I’ve enjoyed myself. No, I do have fun going out and about.
16. I often let calls go through to voice mail. If I don't want to answer a particular call I will let it go to voice mail (I'm looking at you political "surveys" and telemarketers). However I do frequently answer when it's for an individual. I volunteer for my dog club by fielding inquires and dachshunds. I can talk to anybody for long stretches about dogs.
17. If you had to choose, I’d prefer a weekend with absolutely nothing to do to one with too many things scheduled. Yes!
18. I don’t enjoy multitasking. I'm fine with multitasking. It's a bit a necessity with four kids.
19. I can concentrate easily. If the subject interests me, absolutely.
20. In classroom situations, I prefer lectures to seminars.If the subject matter is interesting and the professor is engaging, yes to seminars.
So roughly 15 out of 20, but when I do veer off it's in a big way. I can be bold as brass when the mood strikes me. I mean really, how many 46 year old hard core introverts with purple hair are out there?