Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Baking With Julia- Chocolate Truffle Tartlets

Chocolate Truffle Tartlets by Teckelcar
Chocolate Truffle Tartlets, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
As I mentioned last week my second Baking with Julia assignment was Chocolate Truffle Tartlets. The host blogs (which feature the recipe) are Steph of A Whisk and a Spoon, Spike of Spike Bakes, Jaime of Good Eats and Sweet Treats, and Jessica of Cookbookhabit. They all have lovely pictures of the finished product and one has a video of Julia Child in action.

I made my tartlets for Valentine's day. The recipe is for six tartlets and there are six people in my family, a perfect match.

Over all the tartlets were pretty good. I was a bit disappointed with the crust, I may have overdone them a smidgen and I think the crust was too thick. If I make these again I'll try to keep that in mind. The filling, on the other hand, was scrumptious! Rich and chocolatey, the only thing I would do differently would be to chop things a little bit finer. The chunks tasted great, but it made the filling a bit awkward and lumpy to work into the shells.

I'm not sure if I'll make these again, but they were fun to bake and eat!


3 comments:

Nana said...

I think they look scrumptious. I'm glad this was
Tricia's week for the baking project instead of me,
or I would be sitting here trying to finish them.

Wendy (pinkstripes) said...

I really liked the chunks too. Your tart looks great.

Cher Rockwell said...

I think they look great.
I would love to try the filling without the crust sometime - I think that was the best part.