Thursday, June 28, 2012

Project MCP: Refresh

refresh by Teckelcar
refresh, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
The final challenge for this month was "Refresh."

This isn't my favorite picture from our visit over to the rivah, but computationally I think it brings to mind the idea of refresh the most. It was taken early on during our visit, before all the shenanigans with the swim noodles started. Max and Nate are enjoying the refreshing coolness of the pool after our long ride to our friends house on the Rappahannock.

As I said this wasn't my favorite picture from that day, those can be found in my previous post. What I do like are how he cement edging of the pool and the river's surface are almost the same shade of gray. The sparkling blue water of the pool is neatly bracketed by he gray. The flowers, meanwhile, add nice discrete splashes of color.

Amazingly this picture was taken using my new smartphone. I could do a better crop to adhere to the rule of thirds, but I would lose too much of the blue in the sky. Thus the picture stands as is, all I did was lighten the picture just a smidgen. Cell phone picture technology has come a long, long way.

No comments: