Friday, June 01, 2012

A Wee Bit of Weather

puddle by Teckelcar
puddle, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
I found out today during my post bus morning walk with fellow stay at home parents that we were due for some weather. Fairly severe weather, along the lines of hail and strong winds. Which was news to me and a bit disconcerting since I had two events for this evening.

The first one was the informal "Becca's beirgarten" in my neighbor's backyard. If they are around and it is nice outside, neighbors are invited to stop by and visit. The second event was a bit of a cookout being held before services at my temple. So as you can see bad weather would pretty much put the kibosh on my whole evening's goal not to cook dinner.

At around 3 the first store blew in and dumped a ton of rain with an incredible clap of thunder. I was out doing errands and had just beat the rain. I was in my van when it all hit. Visibility was nil so I ended up entertaining myself by texting and calling friends until conditions improved. After about 15 minutes the rain stopped and I was able to carry on with my errands. By the time I got home Larry was already there, getting Nate together for his lacrosse tourney. I asked my husband if he had gotten caught in the storm. Not only was his answer a yes, but he went on to tell me he was in his car when it hailed..

Fortunately that seemed to mark the end of the storm. 

The weather did look a bit dicey as the afternoon changed to evening, but nothing much happened. I was able to enjoy both events and, even better in my opinion, I got the night off from cooking dinner.

No comments: