Sunday, December 29, 2013

Kitty Cat Ice Cream

Kitty Cat Ice Cream by Teckelcar
Kitty Cat Ice Cream, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
I got a bit of a surprise when I opened up a new carton of ice cream and found a kitty cat inside. You can even see it on the underside of the top. The kids were very much impressed and Rebecca said I should take a picture.

So far this has been the biggest excitement around here during winter break. Mind you we had had some lovely meals, the highlight being the roast beef I made last week. Meryl wanted to celebrate and picked up a lovely bit of beef from Costco. It was nicely marbled with a good sized fat cap. It roasted to perfection and yielded tasty drippings for the traditional Yorkshire pudding.

We have been mostly slobbing around the house and reveling in our not having to be anywhere in particular. Just the occasional movie, trip to the library, and going to services.

I miss not being up north with my Mom, but I don't miss the horrific drive it usually is to get there this time of year.

No comments: