Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Artist of the Week: Up and Coming

Jacob by Teckelcar
Jacob, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
This week's artist is the very affable Jacob.

This was taken at the county fair. I'm not exactly sure who he is waving to, I do know that he was chatting with Max. It could be a sort of  Mom-has-the-camera-let's-wave-and-make-her-happy sort of thing. I'll never know, teenagers are mysterious creatures.

Teenager.

That is a scary word and I still can't get over the fact that I'm the mother to one and soon to be two. Even scarier is that Jacob is taking driver's ed at school. I think I need to stop with the scary thoughts and move onto happier things, like Artist of the Week.

marching band by Teckelcar
marching band, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Which brings us to marching band. This past week Jacob's band got to perform at a local University during a football game. It was very exciting, however... Jacob was a bit disappointed that the band could only play music when the ball was dead or halftime. As he put it, "It was hard to get pumped up when you can't play." So his solution was to dance.

He turned out to be quite a dancer. Another band member joined in and color guarded cheered him on by chanting "Go Jacob! Go Jacob!" So not only does he play the trumpet, Jacob is an up and coming dance sensation. I wish I could have been there, this was all reported to me after the fact by Jacob and his father. It sounded like a good time.


No comments: