Sunday, September 18, 2011

Farmville

Farmville by Teckelcar
Farmville, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Not the game, the actual town.

I've been amused by the whole Farmville thing over on Facebook. Mind you I don't play the game, instead I keep thinking about how there is a very real place in Virginia called Farmville.

I had been by there years and years ago, long before the game ever existed. It wasn't terribly significant to me back then, other than the rather odd name. Fast forward back to the present, the town's name has had a whole new dimension added. The funny part is that Farmville is relatively built up. It had far more to offer than the quiet county of Cumberland where Bear Creek Lake State Park is located.

So when I went there this summer I just had to take a picture of the "Welcome to Farmville" sign.

No comments: