Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Meet Dave

Dave and Nate by Teckelcar
Dave and Nate, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
This is Dave, the latest addition to our menagerie.

Last week Nate asked if he could have a gecko, they are quiet, clean, and virtually no scent. These are all wonderful qualities, but I said no.

Literally the next day I got an IM from a friend in the neighborhood. She was wondering if we would like to have a gecko. Her middle child had gone off to college and her youngest had no interest.

When I read her initial question I burst out laughing. Apparently we were meant to have a gecko. After a quick call to Larry to clear it with him, I told my friend yes. We will take the gecko.

Sunday afternoon we stopped by to collect our new pet. His full name is Dave Matthews, but we'll stick with just Dave.

No comments: