Monday, September 12, 2011

I Remember

I remember that 10 years ago I was heavily (a mean heavily) pregnant with Max and Rebecca. That morning I had gotten Jake off to kindergarten on the bus and was coming back from dropping off Nate at preschool and had decided to listen to the radio on the way home. I was confused about the breaking news story, I somehow thought they were referencing an earlier incident with a small plane. It wasn't until I got home and turned on the tv that the enormity of what was happening hit.

I was stunned.

My husband, a state worker soon came home and we sat there watching it all unfold. When it was time to pick up Nate and meet Jake at the bus we tried to keep things as normal as possible for our young sons. At five and nearly three it was all too much for them.

Since then I've participated in Project 2996 by  contributing three profiles:

Robert Garvin McCarthy
Martin Boryczewski
William Christopher Sugra

I was out of town this weekend and was unable to do another (the list was still being updated before I left), but I will try to do another.



No comments: