Thursday, October 20, 2011

MCP Project 52: Architecture

Old City Hall, Interior by Teckelcar
Old City Hall, Interior, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Between upcoming an upcoming Bar Mitzvah and the dynamic duo's birthday I completely forgot to post about last week's MCP Project 52. I hadn't forgotten to take the picture and add it to the group, I just never took the next step to share it here.

Oops.

Anyhoo, Richmond Virginia has some of the most diverse architecture and is practically in my backyard. So it was a no brainer for me to drive into the city and spend an hour taking pictures. I got a boatload of great shots and it was hard to pick just one. In the end I selected this interior shot of the Old Richmond City Hall. It's a gorgeous stone building with Gothic architecture that would fit right in with Hogwarts.

But the interior, oh the interior! It is utterly fabulous. The first time I stepped inside my jaw dropped. This is hands down my favorite building in Richmond.

It had been a dreary wet week until Friday and I was glad that It was a sunny day. The skylight above filters the light in the most beautiful way and I was glad I could capture it.

No comments: