Thursday, November 15, 2012

Birthday Cookies

cookies by Teckelcar
cookies, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Meryl requested that this year instead of a cake she would like cookies for her birthday, specifically sugar cookies made the way she remembers.

They had to be large, about 4 inches across, a 1/4 inch thick, and smothered in nonpareils.

Done, done, and done.

I warned her that the cookies would have scalloped edges. I wasn't going to buy yet another cookie cutter when I could use one of my four inch tartelette pans. Meryl was fine with variation and in fact decided it looked very nice on the finished product.

I dropped off the cookies today on her birthday and they were a huge success. They were soft and just the right size. She told me I could have loaded on more nonpareils, but that changed after Meryl ate a cookie. I had completely nailed the cookie she was hankering.

Happy birthday Meryl, I'm glad I could bake you the treat you wanted.