Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Dozen years Ago

Flags by Teckelcar
Flags, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
I had a quiet day today, which is appropriate for patriot's day. I didn't go out except to drop off Nate for his morning car pool to school and to collect Jacob from his after school marching band rehearsal. So I have no new pictures for today. But I did find this rather somber one I took last yer around Veterans' Day at the Virginia War memorial.

I did have one interesting moment this weekend concerning Sept. 11th. Rebecca was working on a school project, a sort of brochure all about her. She had to detail two experiences the affected her life.I was going to suggest September 11th when it hit me, she was born after that fateful day. It has always been a part of her life.

Somehow it really hit home for me how long ago it was. I have this lovely, smart, and vivacious creature that has never known before, only after. She is in middle school and is getting taller by the minute. It really knocked me back for a minute.

A dozen years, more than a lifetime yet it seems not so long ago.

No comments: