Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Rainbow

rainbow by Teckelcar
rainbow, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
As I stepped out the deck to harvest some basil and parsley from my little garden pots for dinner I saw the most brilliant rainbow. The picture does not do it justice. I could clearly see each band of color arching over the trees directly behind our home.

A light rain was falling, the first in seeming in weeks. We are having a bit of a dry spell after such a wet summer. I never did turn our sprinkler system and at this point I'm not going to bother. That said, I do have to water my little deck garden. The plants have mostly bolted and look for the most part spent. I'm just going to nurse them along until the first frost , which is still some time away.

However I won't begrudge to time spent on them. I love having fresh basil. parsley, and the occasional tomato just steps away from the back door. Plus sometimes I get to see a pretty rainbow when I go out to my garden.

No comments: