Friday, July 27, 2012

Project MCP: Bokeh

Untitled by Teckelcar
Untitled, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Sort of.

The full title of the third challenge this month is "Try a new technique – Take a bokeh photo." Since I have already done bokeh I figured I would focus on the try a new technique.

And the technique is shooting through a tube.

It all came about by accident. Larry had shortened one of his lacrosse sticks and had cut off a good six inches. For whatever reason I picked up the tube and and looked through it. As I marveled at the effect a light went on I realized this would be a great tool to use with a camera.

I found the effect to be stunning. The object being photographed is a flower and I love the vibrant color and kaleidoscopic effect. I used the tube with my cell phone because the tube can completely encompass the lens.

I'm so glad I decided to look through the tube.

No comments: