Sunday, June 23, 2013

Knackered

Blue Ridge by Teckelcar
Blue Ridge, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Today I drove to Blacksburg and back., which is no small feet considering to almost 4 hours away.

Jacob is attending a summer session at Virginia Tech. The course is an intensive week long exploration of architecture and design. He'll be there with other like minded high school students, living in a dorm and eating in a dining hall. It is a sort of mini preview of college living.

Meryl tagged along, she has never been to Virginia Tech and was curious to see what it like. I much appreciated the company for the long ride back. After Roanoke the roads are very empty. I got to see quite a bit more the Blue Ridge Mountains, but I forgot my camera so this picture from trip with Larry will have to suffice.

It wasn't a bad drive, but I'm happy to be home.

No comments: