Friday, October 28, 2011

MCP Project 52: Shadows

morning stripes by Teckelcar
morning stripes, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
This week's theme, shadows, was another one I got done right off the bat. I love the interplay of light and shadows and I naturally notice it and am attracted to such. So all I had to do was to keep my eyes open and my camera handy.

I was initially attracted to the mosaic of color and shadow in the picture of leaves from Tuesday's post, but it didn't fully fit the theme of shadows. Shortly after I took that picture I headed back indoors and up to my room.

As I walked into my bedroom I saw my picture.

The angle of the sun was just right and the light spilled through the opened blinds. Stripes of shadows covered the table lamp and adjoining wall. It was a perfect representation of shadows. Even better was the fact I literally had my camera in hand.

Snap, snap, snap and this week's assignment was done. All before breakfast on a Monday morning. And a good thing too, since today was a grey, wet, and altogether dreary day devoid of any clear shadows.

No comments: