Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Happy Surprises

Blur by Teckelcar
Blur, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
I am more than happy to share my camera with the kids, as long as they follow the main rule "thou shalt not touch the lens." Ever.

For the most part they ignore the camera or ask me to take pictures for them. Recently Rebecca has started to pick up the camera and as a result there are often quite a few surprises when I download pictures from the camera.

This rather blurred picture of Nate was one such surprise. He was zooming about on his bike and Rebecca decided to take his picture. She was not terribly pleased with the result, but I like it.

Nate is a study of motion, the only time he sits still is when he is lost in a book. He is constantly moving about and this picture perfectly captures the blurred motion that is Nate. The frame barely contains him. I'm glad Rebecca took this picture and I particularly grateful for the fact she hasn't figured out how to delete photos.

Sometimes mistakes can be good.


No comments: