Tuesday, March 04, 2014

The Return

King Cake by Teckelcar
King Cake, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Between snow days, sports, two bands, and life in general I have done pretty much zilch around here. A nice gentle prodding from Diane and my daughter bluntly telling me I needed to update pushed me into action.

So yes we have had far too many snow days around here and when the kids have off I bake them a treat. this week in honor of Fat Tuesday I made a King Cake. Actually two of them, one on Saturday because I had a hankering for one and another on Monday. Both were inhaled in less than a day.It's pretty safe to say that we like King Cake. Mine is a nutmeg and lemon based cake with a cream cheese filling. I found it over at Gourmet Girl and it is pretty easy to make. I didn't get a pretty open ring, but the end result was delicious.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Yum. I want to spend my snow days at your house, if you are going to bake.Are your schools adding make up days to the end of the year?