Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Artist of the Week: Hamantaschen

Rebecca by Teckelcar
Rebecca, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
In honor of Purim Rebecca is this week's artist for our hamantaschen.

There is no snow around here, but I going to pretend with this picture of Rebecca for our trip up north. It is technically still winter, dang it. Our almost non-winter did cough up two snowstorms and we did get a snow day. However spring is here with new leaves, daffodils, and forsythia in bloom.

Anyhoodle, back to Purim and the hamantaschen.
Rebecca was very keen on making the hamantaschen this year. On Monday while I was gearing up to make the rugelach, she kept asking about the hamantaschen.
Hamantaschen by Teckelcar
Hamantaschen, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.

"When will we make them, can we do it now?"

So I told her Tuesday would be the day. I would make the dough while she's at school and it would be ready to go after dinner (I wanted to make sure homework would get done beforehand).

Rebecca has become quite an assistant in the kitchen. As I rolled and cut the dough, she filled the circles with the chocolate filling she helped to prepare.We both folded up the cookies and I can honestly state that for the first time I can't tell which are her cookies. My little girl is becoming quite the cook.

Happy Purim!

No comments: