Friday, March 23, 2012

Project MCP: Guess What

cd by Teckelcar
cd, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Another twofer this week for Project MCP.

The challenge I worked on this week was "Guess What." The idea behind it was taking an extreme closeup, to the point of abstraction.

I have been keeping an eye out for a good subject, but not much interested me until this week. The first picture here is of a broken CD I found in a parking lot. The colors captivated me and I ended up taking the bits home and photographing them in my own drive. I am pretty pleased with how it came out, it's almost straight from the camera with just a bit of cropping.

pansy by Teckelcar
pansy, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
The second picture is of a pansy from Nate's Bar Mitzvah, they had overwintered in some of my deck flower boxes. The plants have been looking a bit ragged the past month, but have sprung forth with the warm weather. This picture is truly sootc. I was able to position the camera just right to get the bright backdrop. I realize it's not terribly abstract, but it is an excellent close-up of a pansy in situ with natural light. Again I love the colors and I wanted to share the picture and the flower.

No comments: