Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Artist of the Week: Ink

Max by Teckelcar
Max, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
This week it's Max's turn to be Artist of the Week.

I took this picture of Max at his behest. A couple of weeks ago he was creating various structures with his favorite building material, dominoes, and wanted me to take pictures of what he had made. I'm more than happy to comply since it results in him being happy to pick up the dominoes and put them away when he is done. Also it's far less upsetting for Max when the inevitable wagging dog ambles by and knocks it all over. Seriously one of these days I should get little Godzilla costumes for the dogs and film the destruction. Add in a little bad dubbing and instant hilarity.

Any hoodle, enough about the dominoes.

Monkey by Teckelcar
Monkey, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
What I am really here for is a monkey, specifically this monkey that Max drew in Chinese class. I'm not sure about how much of the language he is learning, an hour once week is insufficient to learn any language much less Chinese, but he is learning a great deal about the culture. The monkey was the result of their learning about how to use ink.

The students had to draw various animals using black ink and brush. It is a bit like watercolor which is all about managing how wet the brush is. I like the monkey Max made, it's a cheerful little fellow like it's creator. Max was very pleased with his creation and promptly presented it to me when he got home. An improvement over the normal "Oh I forgot about it for a week in my backpack."

No comments: