Friday, March 30, 2012

Project MCP: On the Lookout

On the Lookout by Teckelcar
On the Lookout, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
It took all month, but I finally took a picture for challenge #1. Take a picture from a high vantage point, from above your subject.

Part of me wanted to go up to Richmond and shoot a few pictures from city hall, but that would be boring. Then I thought it would be nice to find an old spiral staircase, but none that I could get to sprang to mind. So I just pushed it out of my mind until this week

Yesterday I got my inspiration watching the dogs surveying their kingdom from the deck. I could shoot a picture of them from above while they are looking at the ground while up on the deck. A picture from above of those looking from above.

The dogs were very happy to look out and I got a nice assortment of pictures. I particularly liked this one with the strong diagonals from the shadows slanting across the dogs. I think this was the hardest challenge, since I had to really think to come up with something that was uniquely mine.

No comments: