Sunday, March 18, 2012

Project MCP: Natural Light

dandelion by Teckelcar
dandelion, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
This month's second challenge is natural light and I finally got some time during my favorite daylight hours, just before sunset, to take pictures.

Saturday I got dinner all set up and in the oven, giving me about 20 minutes to prowl around the yard. Originally I was going to take pictures of the kids, but they were far too busy playing in the backyard. The shadows were too deep to take the kind of  pictures I wanted, I had to move to the western facing front yard.

AS  I scanned the yard from the front steps I saw a dandelion near the edge of the lawn. It was still illuminated by the sinking sun and was too good to pass up. I had to stretch out on the grass to get just the right angle. It took a few shots to get the focus just right. Feeling pretty pleased I headed back inside, pausing to take a quick picture of the Bradford pear that was in full bloom (that picture was a big meh).

flowers by Teckelcar
flowers, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
I was halfway down the driveway when I saw these bright and cheery flowers.

I have no idea what they are. They keep popping up year after year with zero help from me. The low slanting rays of light illuminated them with the warmest glow and I had to take a few pictures of them as well. 

I love both of these pictures and I'm so glad that this time around I can submit multiple images. If I had to choose I think it would be the dandelion. Maybe.

No comments: