Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pumpkin and Chicken Pot Pi !

pumpkin and chicken pot pi by Teckelcar
pumpkin and chicken pot pi, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
In honor of Pi day we had a 2 Pi (dinne)r, chicken pot pi for the mains and pumpkin Pi for dessert. Which was a true labor of love since the temperatures are in the 80s(!) both yesterday, when I roasted the chicken, and today.

If you look closely you can see the pi symbol on each pie. The pumpkin was easy, just pinch off some pie crust and roll it into a long strand. The hardest part was floating the crust on the unbaked filling. The chicken pot pie is a bit harder to see, all I did was cut a pi shaped steam vent.

Both pies were well received and very much appreciated by my very nerdy family.

2 comments:

Diane said...

It appears as if blogger ate my comment -

You are nerdy in the very best (and creative and tasty) ways!

jamie bars said...

awesome I've never heard of Pi day, but I like the sound and taste of it!!