Sunday, March 17, 2013

Croissants Redux

croissants by Teckelcar
croissants, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
I finally got around to using the remaining half of the croissant dough I made a week and a half ago. I knew we had early mornings all weekend long and I wouldn't be able to make a nice treat before we all scattered each day. All I had to do was roll out the dough, shape the croissants and let them rise 3 hours before baking.

I had a better idea of what I was doing and this time around my croissants were much nicer. They all puffed up, had deliciously buttery flaky layers, and were much more consistent in size. I even went a little wild and added chocolate in the middle. You can't see it, but all the croissants in the picture had a small handful of chocolate chips added to the middle.The chips made for a mighty fine addition to something that was all ready good.

Rebecca wants me to make these once a month.

No comments: