Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Artist of the Week: Lemon Squares

me with hat by Teckelcar
me with hat, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
It's my turn to be the artist of the week. Once in a while I like to toot my own horn.

First off the picture, it is the dreaded selfie. I took it after mowing the lawn for no other reason than I like my hat. I've had this hat for nigh on 17 years. I got it in a small shop in Westport Ontario. We had gone of vacation with friends that have access to a fishing cabin on Bob's Lake. The hat is pigskin suede and  although I don't wear it very often, I am rather fond of the hat.

Maybe one of my goals should be to wear the hat more often. Another good one would be to allow other people to take my picture. As self portraits go it is not too bad. At least I am not making a duck face (Why to people do that? Nobody looks good with that expression.). Either way I should stop hogging the camera and allow for more photographic evidence that I exist.

Lemon Squares by Teckelcar
Lemon Squares, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Now on to the lemon squares.

I have quite a repertoire of baked goods and sometimes I lose track of the minor favorites. The lemon squares are a good example. I was trying to think of what to send my mom for Mother's Day when I remembered that she really likes my lemon squares. They are a breeze to make and would also work for the teacher luncheon. I ended up making three batches, one for my mom and a double for the school. Jacob bemoaned the fact that all he was getting were the trimmings and the rejects. I promised I would bake one more batch for the family.

The squares were a much bigger hit this time around. All the kids will eat them as opposed to just Jacob. I don't see these hanging around for any length of time.

No comments: