Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Artist of the Week: Little Signs of Love

watermelon smiles by Teckelcar
watermelon smiles, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Rebecca is this week's artist.

We had some delicious watermelon a while back and Rebecca was very happy to nosh on some out on our deck. The kids prefer slices, but that means they pretty much have to eat outdoors or over the sink. *Maybe* I'll let them sit at the table with a plate. I love the stuff, but a really good watermelon is such a sticky and messy treat. So that's why Rebecca has such a big smile, so got her slice and was able to snag a seat on the deck.

Anyhoodle, Rebecca loves food and loves to cook. She is my own personal sous chef. She'll chop vegetables, stir pots, and add ingredients. She'll even dig out spices from my very messy spice cabinet.

Rebecca also appreciates the artistic side of cooking and understands the value of making a dish look as good as it tastes.

Love in Tomatoes and Cheese by Teckelcar
Love in Tomatoes and Cheese, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
So when I found this lovely little tableau on the counter I didn't need the note to tell me who made it.

The sungold tomatoes with the cheesy smile and the shot glass of flowers made my day. My little girl knows me all too well. I love the taste combination and the the bit of whimsy that was added by making the face.

Her brothers can and do such silly things with food, but not with the high style that is added with the flowers. Rebecca was very pleased that I noticed her effort and took pictures. She has discovered the joy of doing little things that show the people you love how much you care.

Thank you sweetheart!

No comments: