Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Artist of the Week: Handel's Messiah - Hallelujah Chorus

I have used this picture before, but it is so very fitting for this week's edition of Artist of the Week.

Way back on December 12th was Jacob's turn for a winter concert (Max's was the previous day). In a new to me format, it was a combined Orchestra, Wind Symphony, and Chorus concert. Each of the groups got to perform several songs separately and them come together in the end for a combined concert. It was a nice change and I enjoyed the en mass concert.

I fully intended to post this on Christmas Day, but I was too preoccupied with the magnificent roast we had and the company that made it possible (thanks again Meryl for that lovely bit o'beef!).  So it's a bit late and not quite as seasonally appropiate as last week, but it is a nice high school rendition of Handel's Messiah, the Hallelujah Chorus.

No comments: