Thursday, January 23, 2014

Man and Dog

Man and Dog by Teckelcar
Man and Dog, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
This week has been a total wash in regards to school. Monday was a holiday, Tuesday school was cancelled in anticpation of the snow fall, and there has been no school since then plus Friday has been called as well.

All we got was barely 2 inches of fine powdery snow. However this fine powder quickly compacted to ice that gets thoroughly frozen each night as the temps dip well below freezing.  I ventured out Wednesday and it was a white kuckle ride down the hill in my subdivision. I didn't skid, but I could feel how little traction my relatively new tires had. Today was much better, but there are still areas in the school district that are still icebound. The upshot is that Monday's planned student holiday/teacher workday is now a regular school day.

School or no school, Larry has the right idea. It is a good time to read a good book with a dog in your lap.

No comments: