Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Artist of the Week: Skyrim!

Nate by Teckelcar
Nate, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
This week's artist is Nate. I got this picture of him while he was busy watching a rather silly video by Captain Sparklez (Seriously that's the guy's online name). I love it when I can photograph my children when they are completely unaware of what I am doing. Thus I have silenced all the beeps and boops my camera makes. I don't need a chime when my camera is turned on or off, it bugs me and inevitably distracts my subject. You know you take too many pictures of your dog when they come to you when they hear the camera go on.

Anyhoo, it's a great picture of Nate with a natural and relaxed expression.

Skyrim by Teckelcar
Skyrim, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
 Skyrim, however, is not relaxed. It's a game that Nate is very excited about, to the point that he drew this picture. He's a bit disappointed with the dragon and wishes he did a better job, but I think it is still a good effort. We were up north at my mother's house when he drew the picture. He had been pestering me for hours for a pencil, forcing me to go out to the car to fetch one (we couldn't find my mom's stash- just her pens and the crayons she has on hand for our visits). Paper was procured and the boy was then off happily drawing for an hour or so.

It was fascinating to see how agitated he was when the inspiration to draw hit. He paced about and would not settle until he had his drawing materials. There is a lot of drive in that boy.

No comments: