Friday, January 27, 2012

MCP Project 12: Raindrop Resolution

Daffodil by Teckelcar
Daffodil, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
So far it has been an unbelievably mild winter in Virginia. It has been 50s and 60s all week long and I think it hit 70 today. Last week, during the morning walk I take with a few other people in the neighborhood, we noticed that there were quite a few daffodils in bloom. I resolved (ha! there's that theme word again) to take a few pictures before the temperature started to drop.

It took a few days for the weather to cooperate and for me to remember my camera. I finally got my moment after a rain shower this morning. I really like the details I captured of the raindrops on the flower's petals and the bright crisp light. I went back a few hours later and the blooms were all cloaked in shadow. It really behooves you to move quickly with the variability of natural lighting, when you see the "shot" you must not dawdle.

No comments: