Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January Blooms?

snow girl by Teckelcar
snow girl, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
It's nigh on February and I feel that I should be taking and posting pictures like this one of Rebecca. You know something seasonally appropriate. This picture was from our grand trip up north. Admittedly there wasn't a whole heck of a lot of snow up there, but we were able to find some in sufficient quantities to go sledding.


Since then my mother has gotten a bit more snow. Nothing epic, but a goodly amount. There is a nice layer of snow and the temperatures have been fairly close normal.

January blooms by Teckelcar
January blooms, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Around here, however, we have daffodils in bloom an temps soaring into the 70s.

Seriously? 70s?

I joke about how lame Virginia winters are and that we have to go up north for real cold weather, but really this is too much. On the bright side I have been enjoying the impact on my heating bill.

No comments: